Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Special Book Club Event - "Chihuly at the Phipps"



One of the amazing displays created by Dale Chichuly for the Phipps gardens that can be seen during these last few weeks of the "Garden-Glass" exhibit through February 24, 2008.

AN EVENING AT THE PHIPPS:
"GARDENS & GLASS"

For all book club members, family, and friends, I am putting together a special evening event for anyone who is interested in visiting and viewing an amazing "once in a lifetime" exhibit that features a studio glass exhibit by world renowned artist Dale Chihuly (who revolutionized studio glass exhibits around the world) at the Phipps Conservancy in Oakland. This opportunity is only available through February 24 when the exhibit closes and will never be exactly the same again - the glass is designed and created on-site and is a one of a kind display. It is promptly destroyed and reused by the artist to create new, unique exhibits around the world. Currently, visits to the Phipps are by "appointment only" because of the crowds who are visiting the Phipps regularly during this last month of the Chihuly display. I would be happy to make advance arrangements for tickets ($15.00 each), if I can get a count of those who are interested. The dates that I am considering right now are:

  • Thursday, January 24
  • Wednesday, January 30
  • Tuesday, February 5

We will also need to decide on a time (6:30pm, 7:00pm, 7:30pm or 8:00pm) so please leave your preferences regarding time and dates at the comment section of this posting. I will also have flyers to take to the January 15 meeting in order for people to express their interest and their preferences. This is an exciting opportunity for our region and for our club members. (There are discounts for 15 people or more so friends and family are welcome.)

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I've heard so much about this exhibit I would love to see it. Any day is good for me. I think 7-730pm would work best, but I'm flexible. Thanks for taking care of this Deb.

Anonymous said...

I really want to go but would like to go on Feb 5th at 7-7:30 Just let me know.

"Honey" said...

OK, since all the proposed dates have passed are we going to chose a new one? I would love to go aagin - I'll go anytime.

Anonymous said...

Honey:

We went on the 5th and it was wonderful. But Patti & I are going back on Sunday, the 17th, to see it in the daytime, if you are interested, let us know. You may have to make reservations. Ours are at 2pm. I think the exhibit is only there through February.

Debby

Anonymous said...

Good post.